We are a husband and wife team serving the MS Gulf Coast and Mobile, AL. We specialize in newborn and maternity portraiture.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Session information

Availability:
Because I use mostly natural light, early morning or late evening are the best times for portraits. But if those times are not convenient for you, please contact me to work around our schedules.

What to wear:
For children and adults solid colors work best. Avoid busy prints and large logos. If more than one person will be photgraphed, coordinating clothing is best. You don't have to match exactly but, everyone could wear the same color, such as black, or coordinating colors. You can also skip the shoes and go barefoot for some really cute pictures.

Newborn sessions:
To get the best sleepy newborn portraits, you should schedule your infant within the first 2 weeks. Therefore, please call at least 2 months prior to your due date to ensure that I can reserve that time for you.

Newborns photograph best in their diaper or nothing at all. Of course, you can also have your baby photographed in their coming home outfit. I have a variety of props that I will bring for you to choose from. If you see something in one of my galleries that you would like for me to bring, please let me know ahead of time to make sure I bring it. I also try to incorporate some of baby's own items in their shot so please let me know if there is something special, such as a blanket hand made by grandma, that you might want included.